Got an email.. a post from this blog
In celebration of the 92nd Laconia Bike Week I have written a blog dispelling the rumors surrounding the event!
Four Seasons Lodge has DISCOUNTED availability during bike week!
11 Facts About Bike Week That Are BS!
1. Events are ONLY in Laconia! – North Conway hosts “Rally in the Valley” every year during Laconia Bike Week. A $5 wristband gets you into all the events.
2. Laconia Should Be Your Home Base – Not EVEN! North Conway is a great ride from Laconia and the roads are SO scenic. Vacation Rental rates in North Conway are MUCH lower than Laconia too!
3. Bucket List Includes Going to Laconia – Na… ahhh… most biker’s bucket list includes riding up Mt Washington! North Conway is a gorgeous 20 mile drive from the Mt Washington Auto Road!
4. Laconia is the Best Place to Ride – You haven’t LIVED until you’ve ridden the Kanc, Rt 2, Rt 3 or Rt 16 and lots of other roads I can tell you about!
5. It’s Not Cool To Celebrate In North Conway – Rally in the Valley attracts a good crowd every year and they’re not just riders! Families, singles and riders alike show up to enjoy the great weather and the sites.
6. Traffic – Stay away from NH! Ahhh… but not true! Attendance is not what it used to be at Laconia Bike week plus lots of folks stay in North Conway!
7. Crowds! – Vacationers don’t have as much vacation time as they used to. Folks don’t stay for the entire 10 days and because of the high rental rates in Laconia they have started staying in neighboring towns.
8. Wild and Crazy – NOPE! This isn’t the 70’s! This society is too litigious for out of hand public gatherings. Laconia is not designed as a family event but it’s NOT like it used to be!
9. Trouble Makers – Attendance was dropping at all Motorcycle Weeks because of the violence and arrests. Laconia has really cracked down and the event has become much more sedate!
10. Only the Young and Reckless – The young and reckless for the most part cannot afford motorcycles! If you look across the biker crowds you will see a majority of gray hair… not brown or blonde! :)
Drum Roll Please….
11. Four Seasons Lodge Is Booked – NOT TRUE! We are DISCOUNTED and AVAILABLE for most of the first two weeks of June!